- Open communication standard to allow people to write their own device drivers;
- Rechargeable battery that lasts for 10 hours of use;
- The headband produces bipolar readings using AFz as the reference for AF3, AF4, TP9, TP10;
- The 4-electrode montage enables estimation of hemispheric asymmetries;
- EEG signals are oversampled and bandpass filtered for noise reduction then downsampled to yield a selectable output sampling rate from 100 Hz to 600 Hz with 2uV (RMS) noise;
- Active noise suppression is achieved with a DRL - REF feedback configuration using centrally positioned frontal electrodes.